Locksmith Products » Security To Do List
As Security Starts At Your Front Door...
- Install a good deadbolt lock, we suggest a high security product like Medeco or Mul-T-Lock.
- Many doors are installed with hardware screws which are less than one inch in length. This provides minimal security and is very weak and prone to being kicked in. Door kick break ins are common, so door screws should be at least 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 inches long.
- Chain locks are an inadequate security measure, we recommend the Door Guardian to keep the door lock and act like a second deadbolt.
- Install a wide angle peep hole so you do not have to open the door to see the person outside, or let us install an intercom so you can speak to the person at the door from the comfort of your couch.
- All hinges should be accessible from the inside of your home only
- Ensure your door is equipped with non-removable hinge pins if the hinges are on the outside of the house
- Install door safe system
- Install Armor conept double door renforcement products
- Sliding doors and windows can be very easiliy lifted out of the track with no hard work. Pre-Lock can install screws or a blocking device above the slding door or window to prevent it from being lifted off the tracks.
- Install a piece of wood in the track of a sliding patio door, and consider Pre-Lock to install a Charlie Bar for a professional security device to keep the door shut.
- Install a Pin into the frame of the sliding door or windo to prevent it from being pushed open.
- Doors that have glass within 40 inches of a door lock can be broken allowing a criminal to reach in and unlock the door or window. Ask us about installing security film that will reduce forced entry and provide a delayed reaction for your intruder
Preventing Residential Break And Enters While You Are Away
- Install timers to give your home the impression somone is home when they are not
- Always turn on your alarm when you are not home. Never ever leave it off.
- Give a trusted neighbour your vacation plans and provide them a emergency contact list
- Never leave messages on your answering machine explaining that you are on a holiday
- Have your neighbour park there cars on your drive way
- Suspend your newspapers deliveries or have somoene pick up the daily flyers and papers
- Keep a record of your valuables, consider engraving your name and address on your valuables
- Proper identification may deter thieves fand makes if much easier for the Police to return your items to you if they are recovered
- When you come home take a good look around before you enter and be safe when you get out of your car at night
- Keep your shades and blinds in their normal positions when you are around, dont close all drapes to look like place is empty.
- Ask us about our dog barking alarm, and our new Fake TV products
Call us Today at (416) 773-5625